It’s always a pleasure to shoot for The YMCA of Middle Tennessee. This Ad Campaign was photographed at the Donelson location last summer to promote their summer swim program. Here’s a few ads rolling out now,… More
My first wedding of 2019 was Virginia and Matthew’s beautiful Birmingham, AL wedding planned by M. Elizabeth Events in shades of smoky blue, white and greenery.
Photographer: Heather Durham | Assistant Photographers: Emily Kicklighter & Bethany Rogers | Planner: M. Elizabeth Events| Floral Design: Sarah Peinhardt | Wedding Gown: Allison Webb from White Dresses Nashville | Tuxes: Mr. Burch | Bridesmaids Dresses: Dessy from Bella Bridesmaids| |Custom Wedding Invitations & Lettering: Jan Pruitt | Beauty: Abby Moorer | Ceremony: Cathedral Church of the Advent | Reception Venue: Birmingham Museum of Art | Caterer: A Social Affair | Cake Artist: Alethea Cowie | Entertainment: The Fountain City Players
A month or so ago I had the great pleasure of photographing newborn Ann Dozier and her beautiful family at their home in Crestline. Here are a few of my favorite images.
It’s always a pleasure to shoot for The YMCA of Middle Tennessee. This Ad Campaign was photographed at the Brentwood YMCA location last fall to promote their youth sports programs. Here’s a few images rolling out in their advertising now…
It’s always fun to start seeing ads roll out after shooting a campaign. The focus of this campaign for the YMCA of Middle Tennessee is a membership drive, with an incentive for inviting a friend to join the Y and work out together. We had a great team on this shoot! More new work to come…
Always fun to see work enlarged. Here are two of the billboards in downtown Nashville…
Ahhhh Valentine’s Day… I’m not trying to be a downer, but it’s often quite underwhelming and cheesy, am I right? When I first got married I told my husband that the pressure was off for him ever buying me a dozen red roses and a box of chocolates. I can’t think of anything I would like any less, especially for how cliché it is. I’d much rather have something unique like a one-of-a-kind estate piece of jewelry that can be handed down to our children, an experience such as a live music show or a trip somewhere warmer, or even a thoughtful handwritten note listing his favorite memories of us over the last 21 years and a mini peppermint pattie (my favorite). You’ve gotta think outside the [chocolate] box and get a little creative to avoid the commercialism of it all, to make it a meaningful and lasting display of affection.
I don’t try, claim or pretend to be a style or fashion blogger; but occasionally I enjoy sharing ideas, tips, tricks and finds to give back to followers who spend just a little bit of your valuable time taking interest in my work. Thank you! I’m so grateful. Here are a few ideas to pass along to your hubby or boyfriend. But, when you really think about it…All you need is love. Love is all you need.
All images courtesy of websites listed below.
- Heart on my Sleeve Sweatshirt $44
Because it’s cute AND clever.
- Custom Diamond Initial Necklace in Gold $1200
Obsessed with these. Love a necklace you wear and forget it’s there until everyone comments on it. The capital H is definitely on my wish list.
Ladybird Jewelry by Emily Dee
(Handmade in Nashville)
Buy locally at H. Audrey Boutique or order via email Emily@LadyBirdJewelry.com
- Le Labo Santal 26 Candle $75
Because it smells like heaven and your home will too.
- Estate Brooch Pendant .10 carats of European cut diamonds in a 14k white gold $675
These and so many other beautiful and unique estate pieces that will become YOUR family heirlooms. Love my friends at Walton’s Antique Jewelry in Franklin, TN!
- Golden Goose Sneakers Hi Star $695
Happy (and Sparkly) Feet!
Also buy locally:
Nashville: H. Audrey Boutique
- Faux Fur Alpaca Throw $129
February is just way too cold. Always in need of a cozy blanket…glass of wine and movie not included.
- Anthropologie Kiss Mugs $32
To remind you that every morning should start with coffee and a kiss…in that order.
- Frette Grace Italian Sheet Set $1200
Because sleep is a luxury.
- Vogue X Music Coffee Table Book $40
Lady GaGa is on the cover…in a big pink hat…need I say more. I just bought it for myself!
- Calvin Klein Velvet Bra $38
Again, February cold weather means everything that touches me must be cozy.
- Nancy Gonzalez Mini Lily Genuine Crocodile (in pink for V-Day, of course) $2650
A Tiny Top Handle Bag because whowhatwear.com says we need one…and Kate Middleton loves them too. Nice pop of color to head into spring.
- Anthropologie Flora Nikrooz Marion Robe in Black $98
Love the lightweight, feminine lace sleeves on this one because I get hot when I’m drying my hair.
- Big Book of Chic by Interior Designer Miles Redd $85
Every home should have some “wow” and curiosities, even if only for good dinner party conversation.
- Free People Red Bikini $135 top + $110 bottom
Because I’m always a sucker for a one shoulder anything…add two tickets to paradise (somewhere tropical) and it’s the best Valentine’s Day ever!
- Lana Jewelry Narrow Flat Upside Down 14k Yellow Gold Hoops $430
I’ve never met a pair of hoop earrings I didn’t like.
- P.J. Salvage Camo Lounge Pants $52
I have to admit I just purchased these and have a hard time taking them off. I love most anything camo and these are like your favorite old t-shirt that’s been washed and worn so many times it’s perfect. Soft, comfy and cute. Dress them up with a crisp white button-down half-tucked and some pumps if you feeling like getting out of the house!
Also available locally at Habit in Franklin and Green Hills
- STOCKHOLM SG 79 No 16 Eau de Parfum $400
A sweet friend of mine from Sweden just gave my daughter this perfume for her 16th birthday. I’ve never seen it here in the U.S. which makes it that more unique and her special scent. Trust me on this one. When you read the floral notes in the online description you will understand why it’s just perfect.
- Commando Gram Panties $24
These feel like…well you don’t even feel them. They are the best panties ever…especially under leggings. No seams. No show. Commando bodysuits are great too!
- Givenchy Limited Edition Rouge Interdit Lipstick $34
I’ll admit, I’m always self-conscious when I try to pull off a red lipstick because I’m usually a berry-brown nude every day. However, I love a true red lip with black for a classic evening look, especially for a Valentine’s date night. I have some friends that can really rock this look. You know who you are!
- Tickets to a Show at The Mother Church(Priceless)
Because the Historic Ryman Auditorium is a magical place to experience live music with your love.
One last bonus idea…
Membership to a Great Gym to Workout with Your Better Half (Priceless)
My recommendation if you are in Nashville is SHED! Best workout in town for strength and cardio mix. Do something together that’s fun and good for you! The gift that keeps on giving back.
The day after Christmas I had the pleasure of photographing Maria and Matt’s Engagement Session, and y’all they are so sweet and full of joy! Since they are both from Birmingham, they requested iconic city spots to be included in the images as part of their story, so we strolled all over downtown as they laughed and snuggled. And, we had the most perfect December day…sunny and unseasonably warm!
I can’t wait for their December 14, 2019 wedding at Prince of Peace Catholic Church and Vestavia Country Club. It’s going to be a fun one!
Who doesn’t love a dinner party at home? There’s just something extra special about it. No dealing with the noise and crowds of a restaurant, relaxing on the sofa around a fire, designing a unique table, crafting the cocktails and food menu, choosing your own playlist, and treating your dearest friends to a night created just for them. Molly Sohr of The Cedarlane designed a modern black, white table with ghost chairs and greenery with magnolia leaves by Elle Worsham of Gracious Garlands. Yes, it’s the holidays, but this table could be used for any winter gathering. Enjoy some inspiration for your own entertaining at home.
Design | Molly Sohr, The Cedarlane
Greenery | Elle Worsham, Gracious Garlands
Photography | Heather Durham
Living in the south means you could have a 65 degree day of holiday entertaining on the porch one day, and an ice storm the next. It keeps things interesting (and planners on their toes) for sure! I enjoyed teaming up with the lovely and talented Nashville event and wedding planner, Molly Sohr of The Cedarlane and Elle Worsham of Gracious Garlands for this holiday shoot. Follow Molly’s blog and Instagram for more entertaining inspiration. Cheers!
You know that feeling when you immediately like a people the minute you meet them? They make you feel so comfortable and as if you’ve been friends all along? That was exactly my experience with the aesthetician team at Nashville Cosmetic Surgery and Dr. Don Griffin’s office. A mutual friend connected us when I expressed to her that I needed an aesthetician. She could not say enough good things about NCS, and after meeting them I now know why. They are truly the sweetest people and so knowledgeable about skincare. I’ve been using them since my move from Birmingham to Nashville and I trust them completely. They are also clients and I’ve enjoyed having their beautiful faces in front of my camera!
One of my very favorite products they introduced me to is Revision Intellishade Tinted Moisturizer with Broad Spectrum 45 SPF. It’s a light coverage with great protection, which is perfect for me since I spend a great deal of my time outdoors working and running with my chocolate lab. And, it blends with whatever skin tone you have. Brilliant! No wasting a tube going from summer to winter skin tones! In addition, I love NCS’s own line of Koji Pads for high potency skin brightening. They’ve also recommended BBL laser treatment to help reverse the signs of sun damage from all the hours in my youth I spent in the sun (regrettably). Can’t wait to try it.
Here is the advice Dr. Griffin’s team shared with me…everything from non-surgical facials, peels, lasers and injectibles to surgical enhancements, if that’s what you desire. Plus, NCS is including some amazing discounts just for mentioning Heather Durham Photography, PLUS an Instagram GIVEAWAY! How’s that for some holiday cheer!
SPECIAL PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT!
NEW NCS CLIENTS MENTION HEATHER DURHAM PHOTOGRAPHY TO RECEIVE 20% OFF
ANY LASER, FACIAL OR PEEL PACKAGES, PLUS… $65 OFF FIRST BOTOX OR FILLER,
PERFECT FOR MOTHER OF THE BRIDE! PLUS…
ENTER INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK CONTEST AND FOLLOW RULES FOR A CHANCE TO WIN GIVEAWAY WHICH INCLUDES A FREE GLOSS PEEL AND NCS SKINCARE FOUNDATIONS PACKAGE, WHICH INCLUDES A FACE WASH, RETINOL, CE FERULIC, MOISTURIZER AND SUNSCREEN.
A $550 VALUE!
FOLLOW OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES IN POSTS ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK AND ENTER BY DECEMBER 20TH AT 11:59 PM. WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED DECEMBER 21ST.
For Brides and Mother of the Brides, we understand that your wedding day is a day you will remember for the rest of your life. It is important to look and feel your best so that you can cherish the wedding photos for generations to come.
9 – 12 MONTHS OUT
It’s important to identify any issues that you want to address to have you feeling and looking your best. Whether your issues need to be addressed surgically or with non-surgical treatments, giving yourself plenty of time to plan for and recover is most important. Our team at NCS is here to help you explore your options.
Start with scheduling a consultation.
- We recommend a complimentary consultation for both the bride and the mother of the bride so that we can identify your goals and come up with a game-plan that has you looking your best for all of the events leading up to the big day. Many of the brides that we see are interested in filling out their wedding dress confidently with a breast augmentation. This procedure has a fairly quick and easy recovery, but you want to make sure that you have this completed before your final dress fitting. So allowing plenty of time to plan and recover is paramount. The same holds true for mothers, we typically tell our (mother-of -the-bride) patients who want to be completely recovered from a facelift or eye lift, they are going to need at least 3 months to look their best. Many brides and mothers of the bride will start with a surgical option and follow-up with treatments like lip fillers, Botox, lasers and facials to complete their plan for a confident and glowing appearance.
- And even if your goals are just for a luminous skin, remember flawless, glowing skin doesn’t happen overnight. The 12 month mark is still the best time to begin.
- If you need to address pigment a photo facial (BBL) 3 treatment series spaced several weeks apart or Melanage Peel will reverse the sun damage and help even out skin tone. If you have never tried Botox or filler before, now is the time to discuss your plan for that. One of our providers will also assess your skin and recommend any products that will help you protect and maintain your results after treatment.
6 MONTHS OUT
- If you haven’t already started a series of BBL photofacials, now is the time to get that correction going for glowing skin. Laser services are a great option for any bride. Broadband light treatment (BBL), also known as a photofacial, is going to be your greatest ally to help even out your complexion, getting rid of brown or red spots, and stimulating collagen production to give a flawless, airbrushed look!
- Start Laser Hair Removal. Many brides are starting to think of how they want to look on their honeymoon and oftentimes that answer is laser hair removal. 6 treatments of laser hair removal will get rid of any unwanted hair without the painful, unsightly bumps from shaving or waxing.
- Start Injectables. Botox and filler treatments will smooth wrinkles help to address any volume loss and bring a youthful radiance to your look. By starting these treatments at 6 months, you can give yourself time to adjust to the treatments and tweak as needed.
- Start Latisse. This is also the perfect time to start your Latisse treatment to bring out those long, beautiful lashes! And the month before your wedding, be sure to come in to tint your lashes to finish out the look!
3 MONTHS OUT
- You are almost there and it’s crunch time. This is the time to finish up your series of laser treatments or peels. If you’ve not already done so, address any filler needs such as lips or if you have never tried Botox before now would be the time.
1 MONTH PRIOR
Schedule that last facial or a mild peel to put the finishing touch on your glowing skin. We have many brides that want an additional BBL or peel for their chest and back to ensure glowing skin all over.
- Dermaplane or Microdermabrasion 2 weeks prior.
- Last Laser Hair Removal: Finalize your laser hair removal treatment to smooth every area.
- Injectable Tweaks: Schedule a final look over to tweak any botox or filler to give the exact look for your most confident self.
YOUR WEDDING DAY!
Look in the mirror, appreciate your natural radiance, confidently walk down the aisle in a dress perfectly tailored to your most confident form, and say “I Do” to your most beautiful you!
Thank you to Nashville Cosmetic for their skincare advice and for being a part of HDP’s Ask the Pro Series! Make an appointment for a complimentary consultation…You will be so glad you did!